Old 25-04-2004, 02:09 AM
Dave Poole

Default Raspberry whirl

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 23:41:39 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

Lucky you! That sounds like the phenomenon known as a 'dust devil' - I'd
love to see one in lieu of an actual twister!

I don't think you would like to see a twister, well not up close and
personal.

Very true Bob, The last time I saw one - a decent one here, it was
perilously close, running across the bay and then ripping through the
town centre. On the outskirts it took off the roof of a couple of
buildings. I watched as it hit land and raced up the hill and was
awestruck by its power. By US standards it was a tiddler, but a
troublesome one nevertheless.

Dave Poole
Dave Poole
TORQUAY UK