Old 25-04-2004, 04:02 AM
Adam Gottschalk

Default [IBC] Coir

In article 002601c42a57$a0fd6960$fcc12f18@computer,
(marty haber) wrote:

I've been reading about Coir, the soil conditioner. Anyone out there who has
experimented with it?
Marty

As I know it, Coir is a term also used for any coconut fiber product.
Coir rugs for example. In the last few years, one has been able to buy
blocks of compressed coconut-shell fiber to be reconstituted with water.
If this is the stuff you're talking about, I have used it on a very
small scale for seedling mixes and for newly planted seeds. I was told
by someone or other that it could be used just like peat, for example,
for making soil blocks. I haven't tried it, but that's great news as the
poor peat bogs of the world are in a bad way as I hear it
(unfortunately, as with so many other natural amenities).