Old 25-04-2004, 04:04 PM

Default Venus Flytrap Help

they need humidity but they cannot live in those little plastic cups.
check out sundews cause they are even more cool. what you need is a big flat of
sphagnum moss with constant standing water in the bottom to form a humid area... and
these guys planted so they can extend their roots down into the wet sphagnum. that
is how they grow in the wild.
when in doubt pick a web site that says .edu you can get those sites by doing an
advanced google search and specifying only .edu sites.
Ingrid

(Jon B) wrote:
anyway, it has some new traps growing and i want it to live without
anymore rotting problems. I assume it was having trouble because it
was inside an airtight clear plastic dome. i DID open it every day
and circulate the air, but the latest thing i read said not to keep it
in an airtight space, even though other sites said i should. right
now it is in the little pot it came in, in a dish and the dish has
distilled water sitting in it, with the pot sitting in the water.
were the rot problems from lack of circulating air, or too much water?
how wet should the peat be? the instructions that came with it say
it should be sitting in water, and so do several sites online. i am
near the northeast coast of the US. i don't know if it is humid
enough here.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com