Old 25-04-2004, 06:02 PM
Boris Zakharin

Default Tomato varieties that like shade?

I know the general rule for tomatoes is direct sun, but it is difficult to
find an area on our property thatg fits the bill. Last year I've planted on
the east side of the house where there is only direct sun from mid morning
to early afternoon. The varieties I've planted were brandywine and whopper.
The first produced less than I have hoped for, wile the second only produced
two fruits in the entire season. Are there any varieties more suited to
partial shade much of the day? I am in southwest New Jersey by the way, if
it makes any difference.

Thanks in advance