Old 25-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Rez

Default in-between the roses

In article mnNic.23601$4N3.22878@newsfe1-win, "steve greenwood" wrote:
I have several climbing/rambling roses in a bed which currently has no other
plants. I would like to fill in front of and between the roses with other
plants but this doesn't seem to ber the done thing.

Any suggestions:
1) suitable plants
2) good reasons not to plant anything else ?

Don't know about other plants, but I've noticed that tiger lilies and
narcissus (both of which are invasive and will fill up every inch
of ground over time) need to be at least a foot away from roses, even
tall roses that are towering over 'em; when they're right next to each
other, the roses get kindof an attitude (just don't look as good).

~REZ~