Old 25-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Lynn Boyd

Default [IBC] Coir 1

From: Khaimraj Seepersad

I am using the coco-peat,coming out of Sri Lanka.
It lasts about 1 year when mixed with compost or
manure in a tropical climate.Use sparingly as it holds
a great deal of water.
I only have good things to say about the product.

Khaimraj,
I have used coir for several years on my 80 percent evergreen, 20
percent maples or decidious trees and can say good things, too. I began
the use because the seller of my green house carried it and advised me
well. I do repot more frequently than many, I must consider our hot, dry
summers, but then our very wet seasons, so it takes consideration but once
it is an experienced habit I am happy with it, and happy because of the
environmental protection of peat areas. I was surprised to hear it okay
for you in a tropical area.
I also use more organic material than some folks - so it is a product
I must use with care. In last years hot, dry summer it was very
successful. In Oregon's diverse geographical areas I would hesitate to
recommend it to everyone outside the Willamette Valley, however.
Lynn
Lynn Boyd, Zone 7/8

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++