Old 25-04-2004, 07:03 PM
JK

Default Neighbour's shed

nambucca wrote:
"JK" wrote in message
The property behind mine has a large makeshift shed. Because the
level of their garden is about 2ft higher, the height is about 3m
above the level of our lawn. Now he's saying he wants to build it in
brick, ie rip down the shanty-town thing that is there and replace
it with a brickbuilt outhouse. Anyone know what rules would govern
this? It seems a bit excessively high to be built right up against
my fence, and shouldn't he have toget planning permission?

I'm worried because our house is currently being sold, and I don't
want to get into a dispute which might endanger the sale, but on the
other hand, I can't ignore it.

John

Any structure like a shed etc can be 3 metres high with a flat roof
or 4 metres high with a ridge roof ........must not cover more than
50% of the garden and be x? feet away from the main house

If the soil level is higher than yours then its the neighbours
responsibility to retain soil levels

Well the level of that street is a bit higher (2feet) than ours, so the shed
does loom over us. It is right up against the wall but I think it is about
30ft from our house. It sounds like even if I did want to compain it would
be pointless.