Old 25-04-2004, 11:11 PM
Chuckles

Default fast evergreen screen?

Phisherman wrote in
:

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 05:39:14 GMT, Chuckles wrote:

Our neighbor is putting up an ugly addition, and we would like to
screen it with something evergreen ASAP. It doesn't have to be more
than 12-13ft, but it would sure be nice to have it get to a functional
size fast, not in 10 or 20 years.

We also don't have much distance between the houses, so it can't be a
very deep screen, i.e. the plants have to be narrow.

Any suggestions would be very gratefully received.

It would help readers to know your location and conditions (soil, sun,
moisture, etc).

Yes, foolish of me. Chicago area, zone 5b, good soft soil (I don't know
anything else about the soil), won't be much sun once the neighbor's
addition is in place.