Old 25-04-2004, 11:14 PM
Katra

Default germinating orange seeds

In article ,
(Vitmar5) wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to sprout some orange seeds from a little tree I had (& died). How
long should I let the seed sit in the soil before I call it a failure & throw
it out? Two of the seeds have sprouted, but none of the other six have. They
been sitting there for maybe a couple weeks. Have I failed? :-(

Thanks,
Mari

Check the seeds and see if they have rotted first.

It took me a solid 6 months to sprout Wisteria beans! I planted 6 of
them and just put the pots in the garden area so they would get water
regularly, and finally after 6 months, 2 of them sprouted. :-) The other
4 just vanished. Probably fungal rot.

Those 2 are still alive now and in my new greenhouse! Yay! They are
about 8 inches tall now and due to be repotted. When I think they are
large enough, they will be transplanted outdoors where they can climb on
a tree.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...