Old 25-04-2004, 11:30 PM
Sacha

Default Pricing Hanging Baskets

Trevor Appleton25/4/04 8:46
ws-service-com

I sell a few plants outside the house. A neighbour has asked me to plant up
15 x 16 inch hanging baskets. She's providing the baskets, I'm paying for
the compost etc and the plants . Will have to buy in all the plants.

Any thoughts on what to charge per basket?

Trevor
East Yorkshire (Not Hampshire prices)

I'll boast now: ours are fabulous. Each has around 16 plants in it and we
charge £19 per basket if the owner supplies the basket. That means we supply
the plants, the moss or rockwool, the compost and the labour. We keep them
in the greenhouse for X number of weeks until frost danger is past and we
water them daily when required with dilute fertiliser in the watering.
And we get our plants, compost etc. etc. from the trade. To be honest, it
depends on the overall effect she requires but stuffed with many different
goodies and blooming for a long time - well - don't undersell yourself! One
of our customers relies on our baskets to win a local prize every year.
But it's possible to do a good job with three or four Surfinias or Bacopas,
too. I think you need to work out how much moss/rockwool, compost, your
time and *then* add in the plants she's asked for to get the effect she
wants.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk