Old 26-04-2004, 12:04 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] black splotches on Elm leaves

Here is one I have not seen before-
Black splotches, like ink or oil on leaves and new shoots on

most of my elms.
Sound familiar to anyone?

Yeah. :-(

If it's what I had the black will cause the leaves to dry out so
they crumble at the touch.

It's a vascular fungus of some sort. Chinese elms are dying all
over Tallahassee from the stuff. I discovered it on one of my
mame elms at our show this weekend, and took it right out of the
show and home. Prognosis for it is poor to awful.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++