Old 26-04-2004, 12:05 AM
Jeremy Barker

Default Neighbour's shed

"JK" wrote in message ...

lots snipped

I can certainly see the logic in this. But do I not still have a
responsibility to inform buyers of the imminent building of a large brick
shed at the bottom of the garden?

Yes.

Even if I don't involve the council it
will become obvious that I have omitted to tell them. I guess you're right
that the current structure has not put them off, so a better one should not
bother them either. He does intend to make it wider however. If it wasn't
for the sale, I would want to involve the council as I think neighbours
should be consulted when a large structure like this goes up.

There's no reason why the council should be involved - they will tell
you that if planning permission is not needed it's none of their
business. You are likely to have the right to be given notice of the
proposed construction under the Party Wall, etc. Act but while that
will let you make it troublesome for your neighbour and cause them
some unplanned expense it will have no effect on whether or not the
building is constructed.

jb