Old 26-04-2004, 03:03 AM
Salty Thumb

Default backyard fly problem

(Surfgeotwo) wrote in
:

we have 2 dogs, and i clean up after them weekly at a minimum. the
patio gets inundated with flies during the warm season, and i se no
noticeable difference if i clean up after the dogs daily. fly strips
catch a bunch of flies but reinforcements are quick to arrive so no
real progress is noticable.

any suggestions??

i was wondering is an auromatic sprayer like those mosquitos would
work, but i dont really want to continuously fog my backyard and patio
with insecticides.

anyone have experience with the commercial fly catchers that
supposedly use a fly attractant?

close to surrender here....

they sell a fly trap that works pretty well. it's pretty much a plastic
jar with a fancy top and a packet of attractant/poison. guess what the
attractant smells like?

you have to remember to replace the trap after a few days, because flies
will lay eggs in it and damned if I didn't see maggots crawl out.

yes the attractant smells like sh*t. literally.