Old 26-04-2004, 05:09 AM
Mickey

Default How do you soften paond water?

Sounds interesting I have used barley straw in the past might have to try
this also. I would like to keep the water clear and not use a UV filter.

"jammer" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 19:17:50 -0500, "Mickey"
wrote:

I have hard well water that is not softened. Is there a way to soften

it ?
have thought about using the water from the house that is softened

but it is
city water and that might get expensive fast I have about 3000

gallons of
pond water. Maybe I will start topping off the pond with soft house

water
after doing an initial fill with well water.

I dont know why i looked this up when the pros will be here soon....

Microbe-Lift/Barley Straw Pellets - Pond Conditioner -

Microbe-Lift/Barley Straw Pellets are a safe and cost effective pond
conditioner. Natural barley straw and peat has been processed and
packaged to make them easy to apply with no mess. The many benefits of
barley pellets is its ability to provide sustained release of natural
chemicals. Included in this is hydrogen peroxide which is an oxidizing
agent used to keep water clear. Barley pellets contain humic acid and
peat which is used to soften pond water and reduce negative effects of
phosphates while improving water quality without harming fish.

------