Old 26-04-2004, 05:11 AM
Bob Hobden

Default Raspberry whirl

"Liz" wrote in message

Lucky you! That sounds like the phenomenon known as a 'dust devil' - I'd
love to see one in lieu of an actual twister!

I don't think you would like to see a twister, well not up close and
personal.

We were driving the coast road in Cyprus once when we saw two big black
water spouts approaching the land. I stopped and could see them pick up
moored boats and toss them into the air, ripping them apart in the process.
When they hit the land and became twisters you would not believe the
devastation. One large restaurant had all it's furniture and fittings sucked
out of it's windows, bizarre to see all the smashed tables and chairs lying
around it in a circle, a banana plantation looked like a bulldozer had
driven straight through it to make a road.
Not nice, especially knowing you would have been right there if you hadn't
stopped.
--
Regards (p.s. wonder what happened to the photos)
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars