Old 26-04-2004, 07:03 AM
RichToyBox

Default HELP!! PLUMBING

Plumbing pipe threads are tapered, so they tighten as you twist them in.
They do need teflon tape or teflon pipe dope to assure a watertight fitting.
--
RichToyBox
"REBEL JOE" wrote in message
I got a new waterfall that has a bulkhead fitting on it. I got a male
fitting to reduce the size to my water hose and it screws in by hand
real easy about 1/2 way then it gets hard. Do you use a wrench to
tighten it all the way? Is it supposed to be tight like that? Should
threads still be showing after its tight? They are PVC fittings. I know
I have to use teflon tape also. As you see I'm no plumber.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND