Old 26-04-2004, 08:02 AM
xavier

Default acreage for a cylinder mower?

Thank you lads for your answers.

Most mowers manufacturers and dealers don't have cylinder mowers, that's why
I thought I'd post my message on a uk newsgroup and ask experts.

Actually, after I graduated, a friend of mine gave me a book about Britain
and some of its clichés (the milkman, orange marmelade, Marmite, Bryl cream,
etc.) and there was a page about British lawns, where it said you could only
achieve that green carpet by trimming it with a Royal Enfield cylinder mower
(from memory, it could have been another manufacturer).

Hence my question about the acreage and the size of the mower for domestic
use. I had a look at ebay.co.uk, and found out that quite a lot of people
are selling their mowers, both rotary and cylinder machines. When I flicked
through the offer on the same subject at ebay.fr, there was not a single
cylinder mower to bid on!

Best regards,

Xavier

"Robert E A Harvey" a écrit dans le message de
Rod wrote:
For your purpose look at
something like Atco http://www.atco.co.uk/ for a reasonable quality
domestic machine.