Old 26-04-2004, 12:03 PM
noone_atall

Default Peach tree question

rosemarie face wrote in message
I have a couple of semi dwarf peach trees which are 4 years old and
which are in bloom at the moment . Today I noticed a couple of small
dead branches on them which I missed pruning in late winter . Can I
prune them off now or is it too late in the season for this ? I heard
not to prune when trees are in bloom . Also there might be a very light
frost next week (down to 32 degrees ) Will this hurt the blossoms and
if yes what can I do about it ??
Please help !!
Rosie z5 in IN

If you can get to the tree before the sun hits it, you can gently wash the
frost off with a sprayer or a watering can (depending on tree size).