Old 26-04-2004, 04:18 PM
theoneflasehaddock

Default Paph seedpod?

Subject: Paph seedpod?
From: Rob Halgren
Date: 4/26/2004 8:43 AM Central Daylight Time
RPM1 wrote:

I have a Paph. Macabre that now has a big seedpod.
Not really sure how that happened but what should
I do with it? Is it worth saving or should I just ditch
it? If I should save it how would you do so if the plant
is in need of repotting - it's a VERY happy plant apparently. ;-)

If you aren't sure how it happened, then pitch it. Nothing worse
than an unknown cross.... It costs far too much time and money to
raise orphaned seeds to blooming size.

Anyway, I'd cut it off and enjoy your plant. If you _do_ want to
raise some paphs from seed, then the next time your Macabre blooms, hand
pollinate it and make a label. Memory is even worse than no label, in
my opinion.

Forget what Rob's saying. If you want seeds, go ahead and try. Probably not
worth flasking, but worth letting it ripen and tossing it into a pot. Maybe
you'll get a couple seedlings. You know one parent, it could well be a
self-pollination, and you can never have too many Paphs, known or unknown.

-

theoneflasehaddock