Old 26-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default sick koi

"Joy" wrote in message
om...
Help! I have a big bueatiful koi who is acting very sick! I've never
had a large koi to die and I don't know how to diagnose the problem.
She is sitting on the bottom of the pond and it looks like she is
gasping for air? I had 2 small koi die in the last two weeks, they
were in the skimmer and I thought they just got caught in there.
There is no other sickness I can see. I've been checking the salt
every week and adding when needed I thought that would keep them
healthy. If anyone has heplful info I would be grateful!

soap box
Ugh. This is the perfect post for why I am against salt as a normal every
day additive to the pond. The legend of salt propegates, and people start
adding it to make their fish healthy.
/soap box

What are your water parameters? Size of pond? # of fish?

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com