Old 26-04-2004, 06:06 PM
Bob Hobden

Default New house, monster leylandii

"Matt Barton" wrote after
Nick Maclaren wrote
Cut it off 3-4' above the ground, remove the stump and plant a
more suitable tree :-)

LOL! You're not suggesting anything I haven't already considered. Not sure
where/how I'd dispose of 30ft of tree though. I've only got a Renault

Clio,
and I'm buggered if it'll fit on the roof....

Well you shouldn't try to fell it in one lump anyway, too dangerous. Just
cut it down in Clio fitting lengths bit by bit from the top and burn all the
thin stuff leaving you with the bits of trunk to dispose of down the Council
tip. You have to cut it up into manageable lengths even with a LR Defender
van.
If it's dry, the green and thin brown bits will go up like a torch, so be
careful.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars