Old 26-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Brian

Default forget-me-nots

You can be forgiven young lady. The old name was Anchusa myosotidiflora.
Forget-me-not like and are of the same family.Boraginaceae.
Best Wishes Brian
"Betsy" -0 wrote in message
After looking up pictures of forget-me-nots & brunerra, I've decided the
plant was brunera. The lady offered to give me some--yippee!

Subject: forget-me-nots
From: "Betsy" -0
Date: 4/25/2004 7:24 PM Central Daylight Time
I saw some of these in a street garden today, and fell in love with

them.
The leaf is heart shaped like a violet and the little flowers are held
upright several inches above the foliage, and are the clearest most

glorious
blue!

I want to add some to my garden. But I have some questions:

I know they multiply rapidly, but are they invasive?

Definitely not.

How cold hardy are they?

Very. Probably zone 4, if not colder.
Don't know how warm tolerant they are, though. They like cool/cold

winters.

Will they tolerate poor drainage (I have clay)

Yes. They like shady, somewhat wet. I've seen them in the wild in clay,

and my
parents had them come up in clay soil.

How long do the flowers last?

Not sure yet. All mine are seedlings.

Does the foliage die back or last the season?

They stay in flower for a while. I'm not sure when it dies back.

-

theoneflasehaddock