Old 26-04-2004, 08:06 PM
RPM1

Default Paph seedpod?

"theoneflasehaddock"
Depends if you want a bunch of little Paph Macabre all over the place.

If it is a seedpod, with my luck every blessed one will
germinate. How many seeds do they make? Lemme
guess, thousands?

Mostly OT story:

This past Christmas my son's grandma ordered painted lady
butterfly caterpillars with the whole rig to grow butterflies.
10 caterpillars, fine. They grew, they morphed, they were
lovely butterflies. VERY happy butterflies apparently b/c
I woke up one day to find the "Butterfly Pavilion" covered
with tiny little caterpillars! Call the company and they said
that we must have been doing something right b/c they usually
don't breed and if they do they rarely produce fertile eggs.
Forty five bucks later for a rush order of caterpillar food had us
raising 100 caterpillars! Talk about the gift that kept on giving.
I figured how to separate the males from the females. The
last 2 died right before Easter. I guess they liked living next
to my orchids. :-) Not only did they breed successfully they
lived much longer than they were supposed to.

Do I really want to go thru that with a bunch of tiny little
Paphs? Now, if they were Cypripediums ... you bet!

Ruth CM