Old 26-04-2004, 08:07 PM

Default [IBC] Crabapple

In a message dated 4/26/04 11:03:49 AM, STEVEW70146 writes:
One of my Crab Apples flowered last month, and has developed fruit.

How do you get them to fruit? Mine didn't.

If I am not mistaken Blossom buds form on tips of older* branches

Somebody reminded me they set buds early, so I pruned it already. Looks a lot
neater. I heard or read somewhere that crabapples respond poorly to
defoliation: the leaves come back just as big. Hopefully they will reduce as the tree
becomes twiggier.
Iris

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++