Old 26-04-2004, 10:02 PM
Beecrofter

Default backyard fly problem

(Surfgeotwo) wrote in message ...
we have 2 dogs, and i clean up after them weekly at a minimum. the patio gets
inundated with flies during the warm season, and i se no noticeable difference
if i clean up after the dogs daily. fly strips catch a bunch of flies but
reinforcements are quick to arrive so no real progress is noticable.

any suggestions??

i was wondering is an auromatic sprayer like those mosquitos would work, but i
dont really want to continuously fog my backyard and patio with insecticides.

anyone have experience with the commercial fly catchers that supposedly use a
fly attractant?

close to surrender here....

A chemical poison with an attractant works well "Golden Malrin" was
the brand name
Also when I raised rabbits I used fly parasites from an outfit called
Aarbico.
These are fruit fly sized wasps that parasitize fly pupae and
reproduce as long as the flys do.