Old 26-04-2004, 10:03 PM
junkyardcat

Default maypops?

I opened one up, and no worm or anything that resembles larva. It's white
fuzzy stuff that spreads out kind of spikey like.....and it smells like
apples I looked up some pictures of gall, and I don't think it's that
either

Thanks!

Angie

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
junkyardcat wrote:
Thanks for the link. I don't think that's what it is, because the leaves
look different, and there was never any flower on these. I went out and

took
several pictures of it, so here are the links to them:
http://www.deadzoom.com/member/junkyardcat/maypop2.jpg
http://www.deadzoom.com/member/junkyardcat/maypop3.jpg
http://www.deadzoom.com/member/junkyardcat/maypop4.jpg
http://www.deadzoom.com/member/junky...popcluster.jpg
http://www.deadzoom.com/member/junky...maypopleaf.jpg
http://www.deadzoom.com/member/junky...pleafclose.jpg
Sorry for so many picture, but I can't STAND having an unknown plant,

LOL!

Thanks for any help
Angie

Those look like oak leaves, so the "fruits" are probably galls where an
insect stung the oak leaf and laid an egg. If you cut one open, is
there a little worm in the middle?

-Bob