Old 26-04-2004, 11:07 PM
Kenni Judd

Default fungus in flask

If you feel they are worth the investment, you could try to find a lab to
re-plate them. This is tough, most labs (understandably) don't want to work
on someone else's product, esp. if it's already in trouble. Failing that,
I'd take them out -- and discard the part with the fungus patch, or at least
clean and compot it separately (with a bit of margin so you don't
accidentally put fungus into the other compots)..

If the plants were shipped to you, there was probably a little opening
caused by changes in air pressure during travel, which let in the
contamination.
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

"Dustin " wrote in message ...
I have a flask of Phal. gibbosa that I just noticed a tiny white fuzzy
patch in. This is the first flask I have ever bought where I wasnt able
to open it up right away. I never opened it or disturbed it so I don't
know how it got contaminated.
The seedlings are not quite ready to come out yet, the leaves are only
about 1/2" long. I am pretty confident that I could take them out and
get them to live though. What should I do?

Dustin