Old 26-04-2004, 11:08 PM
Dustin

Default fungus in flask

They were hand delivered in the beginning of March. I bought a couple
of flasks from Orchidview and they dropped them off on the way down to
the Miami show. Its just a flask of 5 Phal. gibbosa. I am getting
ready to deflask them now. I was really hoping to keep them in longer
but they will make it.

Dustin

Kenni Judd wrote:

If you feel they are worth the investment, you could try to find a lab to
re-plate them. This is tough, most labs (understandably) don't want to work
on someone else's product, esp. if it's already in trouble. Failing that,
I'd take them out -- and discard the part with the fungus patch, or at least
clean and compot it separately (with a bit of margin so you don't
accidentally put fungus into the other compots)..

If the plants were shipped to you, there was probably a little opening
caused by changes in air pressure during travel, which let in the
contamination.