Old 26-04-2004, 11:08 PM
Steven Wachs

Default [IBC] Crabapple

My tree has blossomed for about 4 years, but up until this year did not have
fruit. This past fall I used Super Phosphate. I collected this tree along
with 9 others over 10 years ago, the tree may have been 10- 15 years old at the
time. I have noticed that. the blossoms always form on the old hard wood on
all my Crab Apple Trees. 5 of the trees usually have blossoms ,.The one with
the fruithas a trunk with a diameterof about 1 1/2" at the base.Another
tree with a larger truck , hasn't blossomed yet.
I just pruned the large leaves at the tips. that is the only pruning I am
doing to this tree this year
SteveW

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++