Old 27-04-2004, 12:10 AM
Toby Maxwell-Lyte

Default Railway Sleepers

I've just finished a project involving cutting 12 sleepers. Fortunately I had
the use of a chainsaw otherwise I think that my arms would now be dead. If
they're second hand sleepers watch out for embedded stones / chippings.,
chainsaws don't like them.

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:50:25 +0100, "Simon"
wrote:

mmmm thanks for the replies, looks like I need to gather strength for some
hard work :-(

"PK" wrote in message

"Simon" wrote in message
Hi
I currently have 10 New Softwood Railway Sleepers that I need to make

cuts
in (ie, shorten)

I am not sure on how to do this, every where I read it mentions to use a
Chain saw, I see that I can get one from Argos for about £50 but I am

not
sure if these are powerful enough also they look dangerous.

Has anybody any experience of cutting these things with a normal

handsaw?

A decent hand rip saw will do the job. i've don it on both softwood and
hardwood. give yourself a beer at the end as reward1

pk