Old 27-04-2004, 02:03 AM
Phil Williamson

Default Indoor herb garden

I live in an apartment with very little window space so the fluoro tubes is
my only option for fresh herbs. What was your setup last time with the
tubes?

"Katra" wrote in message
In article ,
"Phil Williamson" wrote:

Hi all,

I'm planning on taking a shelf from my bookshelf and installing some

floros
on the underside of the shelf and starting a little herb garden in the
kitchen. Has anyone done anything similar, I'd like some pointers if

anyone
has.

I plan on growing basil, chives, parsley, lavendar, and thyme.

How many hours per day should I leave the lights on?

Would it be easier to install the light to the shelf and move the plants

the light or the other way around?

Honestly, I have had poor luck with herbs under lights.
They would do best in a South facing window.

My herb garden is planted along the side of the house on the West, and
not only are they thriving, they are wintering over. Except for Basil
and Dill of course! I have to replant those every spring.

Now that I have a greenhouse, I may try planting some pots of Basil and
Dill in the fall in there so I can have those two herbs fresh during the
winter. :-)

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...