Old 27-04-2004, 06:05 AM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

Default Toads: Build it, they will come.

You have a good point, Jan.

The toads do head for safer ground than the yard (Ours is about 2
acres...cut by riding mower). The garden has lots of toads; the beds around
the house have lots. The neighbors have lots. A whole army of them hang
out by the back door light for their evening meal...they think it is an
all-you-can-eat food place. Sadly, some do get chopped in the mowing.

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
s.com...
Result, you have fewer bugs and chop more toads when you mow.
Jim

I work very hard to remove them, sometimes stopping the mower a dozen

times
in an area 30 X 30. This only happens a mowing or two before they're all

in
the flower beds or shrubs. Thank goodness they don't like to hang in the
grass normally. ~ jan

~ jan (Do you know where your water quality is?)