Old 27-04-2004, 02:08 PM
John T. Jarrett

Default those water rationing calendars

For years I would drag hoses around. Now that I have a sprinkler
system,
I'll never go back. It's a great way to go, but you really do need

augment the controller with a little common sense.

Yeah, and that means something other than what my old boss would do --
just set his sprinkler system to come on in the middle of the night so
no one knew any better and he didn't have to pay a sprinkler guy to
come change it.

It has been awhile since I lived in Austin proper (Leander's rationing
laws are totally different) but as I recall, you could water any time,
any day via 'hose-in-hand.' I had several bonsai when I first
experienced water-rationing and the bonsai have to be watered every
day and some twice a day during the summer. I remember reading the
whole thing to make sure I wasn't going to get a ticket for watering
my little trees!

Anyway, I did have a number of neighbors inform me that it wasn't my
day.

John