Old 27-04-2004, 03:06 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Pond vac with Settling Chamber

"Remydog" wrote in message
news:aMijc.43985$w96.3533537@attbi_s54...
I'm thinking of using my pondmaster 3500 as a vacuum to get the gunk off

the
bottom of my pond. I don't use a bottom drain for fear that if something
goes wrong with the external plumbing and I'm not around, the pond will
drain. Instead, I have the pump connected to two inlets -- first, an OASE

no
niche skimmer and second to a drain about 18 inches off the bottom. As a
result, lots of stuff has settled on the bottom, particularly the deepest
part. My leaf vac gets the larger solids, but the mulm goes right through
the bag.

snip

Let us know how it goes. I am interested. This could be a great way for me
to get my clay out.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com