Old 27-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Digging out a quince

lid (Rodger Whitlock) wrote in message ...
[...]
At one point I contemplated tying it to the bumper of my car and
pulliing it out, but decided that there was considerable risk of
tearing the bumper off the car. So much for *that* bright idea.

[...]

I tried that once with a goat-willow no more than two feet tall in
heavy clay, thinking it would provide brief amusement for the kids
(and myself). When the wheel-spin threatened to skin my back tires, I
resorted to the mattock. Extraordinary how plants can grip the soil.

Mike.