Old 27-04-2004, 04:11 PM
Mary Fisher

Default Neighbour's shed

"JK" wrote in message

I can certainly see the logic in this. But do I not still have a
responsibility to inform buyers of the imminent building of a large brick
shed at the bottom of the garden? Even if I don't involve the council it
will become obvious that I have omitted to tell them. I guess you're right
that the current structure has not put them off, so a better one should

not
bother them either. He does intend to make it wider however. If it wasn't
for the sale, I would want to involve the council as I think neighbours
should be consulted when a large structure like this goes up.

So do I. Our neighbour put up a 'garage' on our boundary which was used as a
mini warehouse. I don't really mind because it forms a sheltered wall to our
garden but we weren't asked or told, the building wasn't good, they damaged
our hedge and trees in the building and then he objected to damp because our
soil was against his wall and he wanted us to dig it out and put a damp
barrier in. He also told us not to paint the wall but to leave the (badly
pointed) breeze blocks as they were.

Needless to say we've pointed and painted the wall ...

His neighbour behind objected to the structure and I got the blame ... that
REALLY upset me :-))))))))))

Mary