Old 27-04-2004, 05:07 PM
Gary Woods

Default Ramps

belly wrote:

Chicago was originally named "Ramps?

Yes. Further suburbs were called "Edens," "Kennedy," and the ever popular
"Dan Ryan."

But seriously ladies and germs... Ramps of the allium kind are pretty
common... I was given a bunch that a friend harvested in the hills south of
me in upstate New York, and some I planted look happy along a pine-wooded
path with dappled shade. Dunno about commercial sources; as a thought one
might try local hiking clubs and outdoorsey types.
They do cause a certain je ne sai quois on the breath. As an alliophile, I
don't mean that as a _bad_ thing!

Yours in bad breath,