Old 27-04-2004, 05:08 PM
Lee B.

Default Filter advice

Got one, it just isn't running right now while I'm establishing a "new
growth" of Koizyme biobugs. What I've got going right now isn't the
single-cell algae growth, it's a blue/green algae outbreak that I seem to
get every few years or so. In ponds that don't have the aeration I have, the
stuff floats on the surface like nasty little islands: but my aeration keeps
it from clumping (except when it gets conducted to my skimmer box! G) Once
the water gets to the high 70's/low 80's, it'll go away (next month????).

Lee

"ThePondGuy" wrote in message
om...
Sounds like you need a UVC (Ultra Violet Clarifier). A UVC uses Ultra
Violet light to kill algae blooms as the water passes through the UVC.

I have a small selection of UVC'c on my site if you are interested in
looking at what they are. Every pond owner should have one of these in
my opinion. It really helps the control of algae!

ThePondGuy
www.texaspondandgarden.com

"Lee B." wrote in message

At this time of year, I find that I have to clean my skimmer box at

LEAST
once a day, sometimes AM/PM to keep ahead of the algae buildup. If I

don't I
starve my pump. I have a lot of mechanical media in my skimmer so that

get a lot of the "stuff" before it even gets to my filters. But it gets
clogged. Of course, if you have a larger skimmer, you'll have more

surface
are, and it won't need cleaning as frequently. Your choice! G

Lee

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Hi

Im after some advice about my filter. In the past couple of days we

noticed
that the pond water level had dropped a good few inches and just put

it
down
to the sunny weather weve been having. Anyway we have noticed today

that
the
reason for the sudden drop is that the water is overflowing from the

filter
box. Is this because its too small and that we need a bigger one?

any advice would be greatfully recieved

Thanks
Cheryl