Old 27-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Janet

Default Elephant Ears

I just bought a package of elephant ear bulbs at HD. On the tag it says to
plant 2-3" and 24" apart in a good garden soil. Suitable for large pots,
raised beds and WILL grow in standing water...
Janet in cloudy Niagara Falls

--

"Bill" wrote in message
m...
There's at least a 50% chance I'm right so here's my guess. I don't think
so Doug. I'm guessing you're asking because they look just like Taro.

But
Taro are root plants not bulb. Again I may be wrong but I also thought I
saw Elephant Ears (the leaf) as being potentially poisonous to your fish.
Have Fun!!
Bill Brister

"Doug" wrote in message
Can you plant an elephant ear Bulb directly in the pond water??

The ones you can buy at Wal-Mart,it is the size of a grapefruit.

Thanks
Doug