Old 27-04-2004, 07:03 PM
bill

Default porous hose

Thanks for the info.

Could have sworn I read a couple of years ago that 2psi was about
right to make the hose sweat instead of spray. I hooked a fairly short
length up to my rain barrel (4 ft drop, around 2psi) but didn't get
very much water at all. Guess I'll have to borrow or buy a pressure
guage and measure the pressure from the garden hose that gives me the
right output.

"Richard Cline" wrote in message

I use my porous hose at full pressure. It sprays in many places

butt
that does not bother me. It waters the ground. I have been using

the
same hose for several years without problem. I find it a very

effective
way to water much of the yard. I do use one of the longer length

hoses
so there is add surface area.

Dick