Old 27-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Katra

Default Use grass clipping as mulch to keep weeds from growing?

In article ,
"lbbss" wrote:

I like the idea of using grass clippings as mulch around my tomatoes, black
berries, grapes, and fruit trees. I am just not sure if that is
recommended or a good idea? I want to find a cheap way to prevent weeds
from growing and keep the ground moist.
I heard that the grass clippings can spread disease to the vegetables.
My dad found the clipping breeding some kind long centipede insect in the
grass.

Grass clippings might grow if there are any nodes...
Might make _more_ weeds!

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...