Old 27-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Charles

Default Elephant Ears

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 06:00:12 GMT, "Bill"
wrote:

There's at least a 50% chance I'm right so here's my guess. I don't think
so Doug. I'm guessing you're asking because they look just like Taro. But
Taro are root plants not bulb. Again I may be wrong but I also thought I
saw Elephant Ears (the leaf) as being potentially poisonous to your fish.
Have Fun!!
Bill Brister

Colocasia esculenta, one of the plants sold as Elephant Ear and as
taro, is poisonous. The poison is Oxalic acid, or oxalate crystals.
It is insoluble in water. Taro must be processed before it can be
eaten. It should not hurt the fish, as they won;t chomp down on it.

--

- Charles
-