Old 28-04-2004, 01:04 AM
Remydog

Default Pond vac with Settling Chamber

If your clay is in suspension, I doubt that a settling chamber will help, at
least not the one that I'm considering. The basic idea of mine will be
running the water through all the time, but hopefully the larger and heavier
particles won't be going through the pump. Then, once the water is in the
inflatable pool, I'll leave it to settle out over a few days and then
carefully siphon the water back into the pond or perhaps pump it up to the
filter being careful not to disturb the bottom.

Remydog
"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"Remydog" wrote in message
I'm thinking of using my pondmaster 3500 as a vacuum to get the gunk off

the
bottom of my pond. I don't use a bottom drain for fear that if something
goes wrong with the external plumbing and I'm not around, the pond will
drain. Instead, I have the pump connected to two inlets -- first, an

OASE
no
niche skimmer and second to a drain about 18 inches off the bottom. As a
result, lots of stuff has settled on the bottom, particularly the

deepest
part. My leaf vac gets the larger solids, but the mulm goes right

through
the bag.

snip

Let us know how it goes. I am interested. This could be a great way for me
to get my clay out.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com