Old 28-04-2004, 01:06 AM
rasta

Default Best websites to help plan a water garden?

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 20:36:18 GMT, wrote:

Hi...we are finally going to put in a brick patio this year, and I
hope to put in the water garden I've always wanted.

I have Ortho's All About Garden Ponds book.

yup, this one's in my library also. the thing about these books i they
make it look *so easy*. there are many fine points they don't cover. i
learned that preparation is the single most important process. we need
to have the pond planned in our heads and use mental storyboards each
step of the way.

Are there any websites that you experts recommend for tips and How
To's, especially for helping me to plan?

this link is especially helpful for locating manufacturers' sites.
these are hard to google (as you already found out).
http://www.mikebentley.com/ponds/pondlinks.htm

I'd also like to find out which brands are best as far as liners,
pumps, etc.
Google comes up with so many sites, but most of them are retailers
with a couple of paragraphs of How To.

this is where google shines. a simple string of key searchwords in
this very group will bring up a wealth of info. also google is handy
for searching for pond pics, using their "images"page.

another useful resource:
http://www.webspace4me.net/~mikehill...struction.html

positive vibes, rasta
http://rynholland.tripod.com/