Old 28-04-2004, 02:06 AM
norma briggs

Default catapillers munching away in garden

norma briggs wrote:

Any suggestions for running off those pesky caterpillars? They are

those
little white pest, about an inch long and they are starting to annoy

me. I
work too hard growing stuff to feed it all to bugs

njb

Thanks everyone! I really do value your advice. My policy is to use as few
chemicals as possible. I know I will always have bug problems being on the
Texas Gulf coast-bugs love that hot humid weather.

My problem has not reached a real crisis level yet... a few plants have
leaves that look like lace--but I want to be ready. I know its not the kind
of caterpillars that turn into butterflies cause they have not touched the
dill or the parsley. I plant extra dill just for those guys and gals since
they usually munch it bare. I call them caterpillars cause I don't know what
else to call them, have seen them all my life and as a kid used to think
they were poisonous to touch....lol...kids.