Old 28-04-2004, 02:08 AM
John Savage

Default Lemon Tree Question

"Matchstick" writes:
I planted a lemon tree about 8 months ago. The plant itself has nearly
doubled in size. The tree bloomed with flowers some months ago for the first
time, producing tiny lemons. However, the tiny fruit simply fell off the
tree before they had a chance to grow.

Is this normal for a young plant?

Yes, apparently. In fact the experts recommend that you pull any fruit
off young trees so they will put their energy into growth. Though I guess
if the early fruit drop continues beyond a year or two you might have to
make sure you do have the bees to carry out pollination.