Old 28-04-2004, 03:04 AM
Ka30P

Default Watercrest and Cilantro

I once had this wonderful setup for watercress.
I bought some florescent light grid at the home supply store. I had my husband
cut it to fit in the 150 gallon stock tank filter (upflow to waterfall). I
spray painted it black.
Then I bought a case of watercress from my grocer. (A case was ten bunches).
I put one or a couple stems (depending on the size of the stem) into each
square of the grid.
I floated the grid in the water of the stock tank.
It flourished!!
Grew over a foot tall and flowered.
Then one of the watergardening labradors got in the stock tank, walked on it
and cracked it all to pieces.
Haven't gotten around to redoing it but should have this spring with the
accidental emptying of the pond and 3,000 new water algae bloom.

kathy :-)