Old 28-04-2004, 03:05 AM
Nedra

Default Watercrest and Cilantro

Kathy, I'm so glad you posted this! I remember when you
planted all the watercress.... seems like only yesterday ;-)
I'll have to try it out this summer - only thing is the water
in my veggie filter doesn't really flow that fast. Guess I'll
redesign the grid and put it in the output of the waterfall -
hummm ... now I'm rethinking this plan too! chuckle
The Never finished pond....

Nedra

"Ka30P" wrote in message

I once had this wonderful setup for watercress.
I bought some florescent light grid at the home supply store. I had my

husband
cut it to fit in the 150 gallon stock tank filter (upflow to waterfall). I
spray painted it black.
Then I bought a case of watercress from my grocer. (A case was ten

bunches).
I put one or a couple stems (depending on the size of the stem) into each
square of the grid.
I floated the grid in the water of the stock tank.
It flourished!!
Grew over a foot tall and flowered.
Then one of the watergardening labradors got in the stock tank, walked on

it
and cracked it all to pieces.
Haven't gotten around to redoing it but should have this spring with the
accidental emptying of the pond and 3,000 new water algae bloom.

kathy :-)