Old 28-04-2004, 04:07 AM
Lar

Default Sunflowers and Insects

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 21:44:46 -0700, "Kylan Swank"
wrote:

Hello all,

My mother-in-law plated sunflowers outside of our kitchen. Even though
they are a nice looking plant, my wife and I have a problem with them. For
the last week or two, when they really started blooming, we have seen fleas
in our kitchen. They are real small, but they are all over the counters.
Does this sound like something that was caused by the sunflowers, or is it
just coincidence.

The little insects are probably Spring Tails...grayish/dark hop when
ya try to kill them, but are soft bodoed where fleas are trather
tough. Moisture on the outside of that wall probably need to be
addressed to reduce their numbers.

Lar