Old 28-04-2004, 08:02 AM
junkyardcat

Default maypops?

Thanks for the link. I don't think that's what it is, because the leaves
look different, and there was never any flower on these. I went out and took
several pictures of it, so here are the links to them:
http://www.deadzoom.com/member/junkyardcat/maypop2.jpg
http://www.deadzoom.com/member/junkyardcat/maypop3.jpg
http://www.deadzoom.com/member/junkyardcat/maypop4.jpg
http://www.deadzoom.com/member/junky...popcluster.jpg
http://www.deadzoom.com/member/junky...maypopleaf.jpg
http://www.deadzoom.com/member/junky...pleafclose.jpg
Sorry for so many picture, but I can't STAND having an unknown plant, LOL!

Thanks for any help
Angie

"David J Bockman" wrote in message
You may be seeing 'mayapples', Podophyllum peltatum. See
http://biotech.icmb.utexas.edu/botany/mayhist.html

Dave

"junkyardcat" wrote in message
I have some weird looking things growing along my trails. I think they

may
be maypops, but I thought maypop vines had passion flowers on them

before
the fruit appears. Also, one looks like a big tree rather than a vine.

The
fruit is about the size of a lime (or a little smaller), and is very

soft
(if you squeeze it, it pops open, revealing white fleshy pulp). Do I

have
maypops, or something else? I live in East Texas.

Thanks!
Angie